What’s wrong with this picture? Isn’t it as plain as the nose on Pinocchio’s face?
This cute little puppet was embarrassed by his lengthening nose. But the fallout from letting lies take root and grow is much more serious.
Lies that are repeated over and over again take on an assumed sense of validity.
This technique, proof by assertion, is used by gay activists to advance their agenda.
The more these lies are repeated, the more and more familiar they become. They take on the ring of truth and are widely believed to be true.
It is essential that we teach our children to how to recognize these deceptions so they won’t be taken in.
Here’s a list of ten lies of the gay agenda, with the Bible truths that counter them.
Use these as discussion points with your kids.
1. Lie: Same-sex relationships are normal; two gay people together can make a family.
2. Lie: Gay sexual relations are good.
3. Lie: Homosexuality is an identity.
4. Lie: Our government should recognize, protect and promote homosexuality.
Bible truth: It is defiling to the nation of those who practice it. Leviticus 18:22-25
5. Lie: Genetics causes homosexuality; “gay” people are born that way.
6. Lie: The “gay” lifestyle is honorable and should be celebrated with pride.
Bible truth: It is shameful and indecent. Romans 1:26-27
7. Lie: Science backs up the idea that homosexuality is normal.
Bible truth: This notion is contrary to sound teaching. 1 Timothy. 8-11. On this issue "science" in recent years changed its mind. Until 1973 homosexuality was classified as a mental illness in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).
8. Lie: Homosexuals should practice their religion along with their lifestyle.
Bible truth: Those who practice it will not inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians. 6:9
9. . Lie: Christians can be “gay.”
Bible truth: It is definitely true that Christians can be tempted by this sexual sin like so many others. However everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness. 2 Timothy 2:19
10. Lie: Anyone who does not agree that same-sex relationships are good is hateful.
Check out the previous posts in this series: