Can elections be called "family fun?" Good question. Perhaps they are more like family feuds!
Here, are ten timely suggestions for your family that might just spark a little fun during election time!
1. Study this Christian voter guide as a family discussing key voting issues.
2. Watch this video clip. How do you respond as a family?
3. Allow your children to express their views. Challenge them to line their opinions up with scriptures and godly principles. Actually look up key verses with them. You could start with Psalm 33:12, Proverbs 29:2, and 1 Timothy 2:1-2.
4.Find a copy of a sample ballot. You might find it in the newspaper, or on your state board of election’s website. Explain to your kids why you are voting as you do.
5. Hold family prayer meetings between now and Tuesday night. Consider committing a day to fasting.
6. Take your kids with you to the polling place. Our kids frequently go with me and consider voting a sacred American blessing.
7. Is there someone your family should assist with a ride to the polling place? Are your registered teens in your church voting?
8. Set up your family dinner time on Tuesday night to watch the returns.
9. Model an honoring of authority attitude in front of your kids.....even if some of your candidates lose.
10. Immediately intercede as a family for our nation even as the results become final. We must have the Lord's wisdom in our government today!
* * * * * * * * * * * *
It’s time for another Family Fun Friday Link-Up! It’s our new tradition here at Frontline Moms.
Because we spend so much of the week Unmasking and frontlining and aiming for the remnant, we need a little dose of Family Fun come Friday!
So link up your Family Fun blog post for all of us to see. Just make sure it’s family friendly, and fun.
What kind of fun?
- Fun crafts
- Fun kid recipes
- Fun family outings
- Fun mom games, or
- Funny stories of your family
We hope you will share our fun button which you can find on the sidebar.