By Lisa Cherry
Wow! This is a great discussion starter!
How can we use this cartoon this week to help our families? It is so simple and yet so direct.
Notice how the issue of "protection" is so disguised to the unsuspecting and uninformed.
Here are some great discussion questions you might try:
1. What causes us to want to climb over the fence of God's commands?
2. Share a time when you climbed over a fence and found out it was a guardrail. (This is a great one for parents to share.)
3. Are most people confused about this issue? How about your friends?
4. Why would God give us commands anyway?
5. What commands has He given us that are important to remember? Can you find some in your Bible?
6. Notice the great trick of this picture. Only seeing half the image left the guy vulnerable. How does the devil use that trickery on us?
I would love to hear how this cartoon worked in your home. Please comment back so we can all share!!
Mike Waters is a Christian cartoonist who lives in Florida. His insightful cartoons, which are based on Bible verses, have been seen in bulletins, newsletters and websites of churches and Christian groups all over the world. The cartoons have also been featured on the Rejoice television program on the TCT network. Look for more of his work at Joyfultoons.com.