New years’ resolutions … It’s the time when we think about them.
This year, we are suggesting that you make one that will give you and your family lasting spiritual benefits.
What if you made 2015 a year to read the Bible daily and search it for God’s wisdom with your family?
The Bible is packed with godly wisdom. .. and it comes with many promised benefits:
…to name just a few.
Here are some options to help you get started:
- Establishing the habit of daily Bible reading. Choose a method and time that works for you.
- Read a chapter of the Bible out loud each day at mealtimes, or in family devotions.
- Listen to the Bible on CD while doing something else (exercising, getting ready, cooking, in the car, etc.
- Use a Bible app on your phones or tablets.
- Follow a Bible reading plan. You can have one emailed to you daily. Bible Study Tools has 17 different plans, some brief, some for the whole year.
- 6. Download a printable copy of a Bible reading plan.Back to the Bible has a number of reading plans to choose from. Here’s one that assigns a different part of the Bible (Epistles, Law, History, Psalms, Poetry, Prophecy, Gospels) for each day of the week.
- Start a notebook to write down the precious bits of wisdom you find as you read the Bible.
- Each family member could read the passage for the day in his or her quiet time, and choose a favorite verse to share with the family.
- If you miss a day, don’t let it stop you. Get right back on your plan and go forward.
Reading the Bible daily with your family will instill God’s own wisdom in you, and propel you toward a greater understanding of His kingdom. Let’s make 2015 the year of Bible wisdom!
Image: Ben “book” via Flickr Creative Commons
License: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-SA 2.0)