By Lisa Cherry
As I am watching my friends list their blessings on Facebook this week, I decided to make a list for myself. At first I thought of the good ole standbys.....health, peace, and provisions. But then I heard a challenge to go deeper. And this is what came to me....
I am thankful for......
1. A little boy who is fascinated with loud burping one minute, and is praying fervently for his nieces and nephews the next minute.
Testosterone in the raw makes me thankful for God's wisdom in designing the sexes.
2. A husband who closes down the family devotion time early, grabs the can of family loose coins, and leads us in a game of toss the quarter in the basket…
.....just so we will remember to laugh and play together.
…and then don't laugh when she tries on the jeans that no one who is middle aged should ever wear.
4. A daughter-in-law who calls and asks my advice…
…when we both knew she could have consulted Google or the latest trendy expert.
5. Sons who play their worship music loudly from two different bedrooms at the same time.
Their passion for Jesus blesses me whichever style I want to tune into.
6. Adult children who still come to the sporting events of their younger brothers and sisters…
…even when their world is filled with children of their own.
7. Teens who say emphatically that the best part of their Christmas tradition is Operation 350…
…the weekend in December that our church shares food, toys and the good news of the gospel with 350 families in our community. (This will be our 15th year.)
As I look over my list, I am humbled. I surely am the most blessed of all women. For around me I see Jesus living in the individual lives of my family. Not just a creed or a belief, but the real Savior God.
Thank you, Lord, for hearing my most fervent prayers. God, please help me to wear a grateful spirit every day. I don't want to miss these incredible moments of seeing Your awesome presence in our lives as I rush toward something of lesser value.
Happy Thanksgiving Frontline Families!
So how about you? What unusual things are you thankful for????
Image: J. Mark Dodds “Ed Belching 'Excuse Me'” via Flickr Creative Commons
License: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.0 Generic (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)
Gratefully linked to: