By Lisa Cherry
Today marks 33 years since we stood at that altar, starry-eyed.
And just so our kids and grandkids and even the whole world knows today, I want to make a declaration:
The hot romance of our youth has not faded. And the love has only grown more beautiful.
Today I thought of at least 33 reasons why our love is so strong.
Oh, to others, these might look like 33 obstacles to romance. But we know they were doorways to intimacy.
The real secret to our marriage?
It's all wrapped up in that big God kind of love word, agape.
Thank you, Doug, for 33 years of First Corinthians 13 four through seven.
- Door-to-door pots and pans purchases
- Camping trips to the Illinois river
- 23-foot travel trailers on a mountain
- Sewer accidents in a campground
- Toothpaste smells
- 10 labors
- 10 Postpartums
- 10 Moves in 16 years
- Gray hair
- No hair
- Van in a ditch (On consecutive days )
- Golf balls thru windows
- Vomit clean up
- 13 puppies and a sick mama dog
- Dental accidents
- 200 beats per minute heart rates
- Van fires
- Lost car keys
- Dead frozen horses
- Mice wars
- Shoulder surgery
- Chain saw cut knees
- 100% commission based job changes
- Cluttered dresser tops
- Used cars with no back door handles
- Tofu main dishes
- Sermon critiques
- Wood-burning heating units
- Boats hanging in a tree
- Trips to Chicago to " get a house"
- Hospital vigils
- 32-cities-per-year ministry trips
* * * * *
Hot Romance: A family guide for dating, courtship, love and sex
In a world where sex and romance have been hijacked to sell products, push agendas, and tantalize the flesh, God is raising up a new generation that knows the truth!